17 Nov Director of Software Engineering
Studylog is looking for a Director of Software Engineering with a passion for managing integrated local and remote development teams as well as building world-class software. We’re looking for an influential engineering leader to provide strategic direction on initiatives with significant bottom line impact.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment, and has experience with cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc. In this role you will gather user requirements, define system functionality and write code in various languages, like .NET/C#.
Additionally, you will manage a small, local team of Developers / Architects / QA as well as a larger offshore team of Developers and QA.
Please note that submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Detailed Job Description:
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Manage local and remote development and QA teams (80% dev / 20% management)
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years managing experience managing software developers
- Expertise in C#/.NET (10+ years experience)
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server (5+ years)
- Proficient in version control systems (Git)
- Experience with WinForms (Devexpress is a plus)
- Experience with ticket tracking systems
- Full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- A sense of humor
- NET experience
- Mobile app experience
- Azure Devops experience
Based in beautiful Pacifica, CA, Studylog Animal Study Workflow Software is designed to flexibly conduct and manage studies in virtually any disease area, such as inflammation, oncology, infection, metabolism, surgical models, behavior/neuroscience, vaccines, and others. Studylog saves researchers precious time, money and effort, while ensuring data integrity & security in a database for future access and use. On average, labs tell us they can double their study throughput with the same or less effort while preserving their detailed methods & results in perpetuity.
For more information go to http://www.studylog.com.