30 Jan QA Engineer
This is a full time, in house position in Pacifica, CA. Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation or H1-B Visa assistance.
Studylog is looking for a QA Engineer with a passion for learning to create world-class software. In this role you will work with the Engineering team to develop and be responsible for the test suite covering Studylog’s products. You’ll be embedded with our onsite Engineering team and working closely with our offshore team to improve our test coverage while ensuring standard methodologies and best practices are followed that will guarantee reliable and fast testing. You will also collaborate closely with software engineers to determine automation priorities and opportunities.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment, and has experience with cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
Ultimately, the role of the QA Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Detailed Job Description:
- Work closely with Engineers and Support staff to antagonistically test Studylog’s software and identify issues
- Perform validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Write test scripts for front and back end testing.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience testing desktop and web software
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in C#/.NET
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to distinguish between bugs caused by frontend or backend
- Experience testing systems using multiple environments (DEV, QA, PROD)
- Experience working with debugging tools
- Proficient in version control systems (Git)
- Experience with WinForms (Devexpress is a plus)
- Experience with ticket tracking systems
- Full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- A sense of humor
Based in beautiful Pacifica, CA, Studylog Animal Study Workflow Software is designed to flexibly conduct and manage studies in virtually any disease area, such as inflammation, oncology, infection, metabolism, surgical models, behavior/neuroscience, vaccines, and others. Studylog saves researchers precious time, money and effort, while ensuring data integrity & security in a database for future access and use. On average, labs tell us they can double their study throughput with the same or less effort while preserving their detailed methods & results in perpetuity.
For more information go to http://www.studylog.com.