07 Jan Software Trainer (Application Scientist)
Are you an extroverted Scientist who loves to help people learn software? Do you have experience in pre-clinical animal research? If so, we would like to speak with you!
Studylog Desktop is a powerful tool that is used by research labs of all sizes to automate the planning, data acquisition, analysis, reporting, and storage for animal research studies. Our company is driven by one purpose: to help get life-saving treatments to patients faster by making pre-clinical research more efficient.
As an Application Scientist, you will:
- Represent the standards and quality of Studylog Systems, Inc. when training new users on Studylog software remotely and in labs and offices around the world
- Instruct existing customers either remotely or in-person on software enhancements with the goal of improving their research throughput and ultimately their business with Studylog
- Support Studylog software users via phone, email, the web, and in-person by answering questions and demonstrating how to best use the software
- Position will collaborate with multiple teams across the organization.
- Gather user software requirements and design and propose solutions for development in future versions of Studylog software
- Support and participate at various trade and industry shows and events as needed
- Work closely with internal development team to identify and record bugs
- Current or previous Studylog user with advanced knowledge of the software highly recommended
- Excellent communications, writing, editing, and interpersonal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field or equivalent experience
- Able to effectively explain the technical complexities of Studylog
- Able to talk comfortably one on one and in front of small to large groups of people
- Able to travel 30% of the year, including internationally once pandemic allows
- Patience and a sense of humor!
- Remote work possible
- Full Health and Dental benefits with monthly premiums paid by Studylog
- Company equity plan
- Retirement plan
- Profit-sharing dependent on company and employee performance
- Generous PTO and Holiday schedule
Based in beautiful Pacifica, CA, Studylog Animal Study Workflow Software is designed to flexibly conduct and manage studies in virtually any disease area, such as inflammation, oncology, infection, metabolism, surgical models, behavior/neuroscience, vaccines, and others. Studylog saves researchers precious time, money, and effort while ensuring data integrity & security in a database for future access and use. On average, labs tell us they can double their study throughput with the same or less effort while preserving their detailed methods & results in perpetuity.