07 Jan Software Trainer (Application Scientist)
Studylog is looking for a Trainer (Application Scientist) with a passion for animal research and training to instruct users of our world-class software.
Detailed Job Description:
- Represent the standards and quality of Studylog Systems, Inc. when training new users on Studylog software remotely and in labs and offices around the world
- Instruct existing customer’s either remotely or in-person on software enhancements with the goal of improving their research throughput and ultimately their business with Studylog
- Support Studylog software users via phone, email, the web and in-person by answering questions and demonstrating how to best use the software
- Position will collaborate with multiple teams across the organization.
- Write and deliver training materials
- Gather user software requirements and design and propose solutions for development in future versions of Studylog software
- Support and participate in various trade and industry shows and events as needed
- Work closely with internal development team to identify and record bugs
- Current or previous Studylog user with advanced knowledge of the software
- Excellent professional presentation, communications, writing, editing, human relations, and interpersonal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Able to effectively explain the technical complexities of Studylog
- Able to talk comfortably one on one and in front of small to large groups of people
- Proven project management skills
- Able to travel 50% of the year, including internationally once pandemic allows
- Patience and a sense of humor
Based in beautiful Pacifica, CA, Studylog Animal Study Workflow Software is designed to flexibly conduct and manage studies in virtually any disease area, such as inflammation, oncology, infection, metabolism, surgical models, behavior/neuroscience, vaccines, and others. Studylog saves researchers precious time, money, and effort while ensuring data integrity & security in a database for future access and use. On average, labs tell us they can double their study throughput with the same or less effort while preserving their detailed methods & results in perpetuity.